Friday, April 20, 2007

Gun Threat in the NASA Building I Work In!

Hot on the heels of the VT shooting, everyone is on edge. Now there has been a report of a gunman at the building I work in on the Johnson Space Center!

On Friday mornings I do a teleconference meeting from home. Today the conference ran late and made me late coming in to work. I was just about to head down to the Johnson Space Center to go in to building 44 to get the paperwork I need to check out, when I got a call from a coworker. He said there was a man with a gun and security is on lock down!

I don't really have much more information than that yet, and what more I have heard so far is unconfirmed so I will not start any rumors with it. But it's just crazy; I mean, I work there! Let me tell you that Building 44 is not the place I would have in a million years expected to see this happen. It's been the most stress-free work place I've seen, and I can't imagine what would push someone over the edge.

Update: They have helicopters showing the building on the news on CNN. Unreal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you call me pls...for a phone interview at abc news now.


thanks,

jessica
212.456.4381

Dennis said...

Thanks but I don't want to be on the news.

Anonymous said...

I love you Dennis! I'll never rag on you for always being late, ever again. :)

baited said...

Just remember: The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.